Academic Staff’s Profile
1.Mr.Ho Kai Huat
In 1997, Mr. Ho Kai Huat, Managing Director acquired System Computer & Commercial Training Pte Ltd (1992) and restructured it into Addison Institute. Mr Ho began his career as an engineer with SGS Thomson Microelectronics Pte Ltd which was the pioneer of the semiconductor front-end industry at the time. As Head of the production and engineering department of the Electrical Wafer Sort (EWS) section, he gained much managerial and leadership skills from his daily interaction with his international mix of colleagues at all levels.
Mr. Ho Kai Huat graduated from the University of Toledo, State of Ohio, USA in 1988 with a Bachelor of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) , and achieved his MBA in 1991, graduating from the University of Dubuque, State of Iowa, USA.With his understanding of East and West he is committed to enhance the Vision, Missions, Core Values and Culture of Addison Institute always.
2.Mdm. Gunasekaran Radhika
Mdm. Radhika graduated her Master’s in the Computer Application. She was a Lecturer having an experience of 4 yrs in Inida . As she is a lecturer she also had a good experience in guiding the students in various projects. She was teaching Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma Courses UOL‐BSc program with us since 2004.
Radhika is also intimate with the development of latest technology relevant to Programming. She had a training in MCP, MCAD and obtained and Microsoft Certified Professional certificate and Microsoft Certified Application Programmer.Her core areas of expertise in education are mainly from lecturing, curriculum development and academic administration. She completed the WSQ Specialist Diploma in Education Quality Management and provide valuable inputs as a Exam board member in Addison. She constantly upgrades her self by attending various training and coruses
3.Mr. Thiam Thian Meng
He has achieved his MBA in 1991, graduating from the University of Dubuque, State of Iowa, USA. He is a guest lecturer in various schools. He has more than 15 yrs of experience in education.
4.Mdm. Muthan Jayanthi
Muthan Jayanthi is a Masters in the filed of Computer Application from Bharathidasan University ,India in the year of 2001. She joined as a Programmer and specialized in writing C & C++ Programming. She continued as C & C++ programmer over 4‐years in Net‐Café solutions in India. She also has a wide knowledge in writing programs for web applications. She worked as a .Net programmer and participated in few mini Projects.
This experience plays a vital part in guiding the students for their academic practical projects. She guided the Diploma & Advance Diploma Students of Addision Students to complete the projects successfully and obtain distinction in their exams from 2006. She attended training in
Learning & Teaching and completed her training.
5.Mr. Benjamin Chow Kok Fai
Benjamin Chow Kok Fai graduated in 1985 from Switzerland with a Diploma in Hotel Management and City & Guilds Certificates in Food & Beverage Services. He had held executive positions across a wide range of Hospitality establishments in Switzerland, China, Indonesia and Singapore. Moving onto his own business ventures in 1998, he had successfully established his hospitality companies so much so that he fined time to share his knowledge and experiences with students. This passion to share also saw Benjamin working with SCORE (Singapore Prisons Service) to train prisoners with new skills so that they can move back into society.
6.Mr. Leong Horn Shiang
Freddie is one of the early pioneers of the Hospitality industry in Singapore. During his illustrious career in the industry, he had held many executive positions in a wide range of establishments. Below are some highlights:
- In 1971, he was one of the only 2 Wine Butlers of the Singapore Hilton. The first of such positions in Singapore at the time.
- From 1976 to 1978, he was the Resident Manager of the Manila Royal Hotel, Philippines. This was the pioneering effort of Singaporean from the industry to be working overseas.
- From 1978 to 1982, he was the Executive Assistant Manager of the Raffles Hotel Singapore. This old world charm hotel was the icon of the industry at the time and still is today.
- In 1980, he was awarded the first Singapore Hotel & Restaurant Association Fellowship‐ Executive Development Programme to attend the University of Hawaii, Travel Industry Executive Course.
. From 1986 to 1989, he was the General Manager of the RELC International Hotel. This had provided him with an insight on the working of a government body.
- Moving into the educational field, he was responsible for setting up the UK’s NVQ programme while he was the director of the Hospitality Division of Rex Commercial School. This was done in conjuncture with Thames Valley University and the Hospitality Awarding body of UK. This British qualification was very well received from 1998 to 2002 in Singapore.
- In recognition of his contributions towards community work, he was awarded the Service to Education Award by the Ministry of Education (Silver Medal) on National Day 9th August 2000.
- He came out of retirement in July 2007 and decided to join the education field so as to share his passion and experience of the hospitality industry with students
Mr Leong is approved by CPE to teach all modules of our Tourism and Hospitality programmes at both Diploma and Advanced Diploma level and students would enjoy his class and gain much knowledge from him.
7. Mr. Jeffrey Williams
Jeffery Williams is a Trainer & Education coach. He has been a public speaker and trainer for the past 9-yrs. He completed his Computer science degree in 1996 from university of Wales and PG Diploma in Infocomm Technologies,.
He conducts various workshops and seminars on acquiring effective communication skills. He was invited by the University of Economics in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam to give a talk on ILEAD in Aug-2010.
8. Mr.Chong Chee Song
An experienced hospitality professional, with more than 20 yrs of experience with a proven track record in driving towards quality control. He completed his bachelor in University of western Sydney in Business Administration. He obtained his Masters from Columbia Southern University the Master in Business Administration in hospitality and tourism. He is a ITE Certified trainer. He holds the Advanced certificate in Training and Assessment (Facilitated Learning) on 12-June 2019. He is a best example for a Lifelong Learner.