[SSG Circular/RPD/2021/1]: REVISIONS TO SKILLSFUTURE COURSE FEE FUNDING, ABSENTEE PAYROLL FUNDING AND PHASING OUT OF SKILLSFUTURE QUALIFICATION AWARD
Dear Training Providers,
SSG continually reviews our schemes to ensure relevance and effective use of our resources. To provide the best training outcomes for Singaporeans, we will be implementing three key measures from 1 January 2022 onwards:
2. Please refer to Annexes A, B and C respectively for details on the above changes. These changes are also published on our online channels such as the SkillsFuture website, MySkillsFuture portal, and the Training Partners Gateway.
3. The revised course fee funding and absentee payroll funding will apply to courses commencing on or after 1 January 2022, regardless of when enrolment takes place. Hence, we seek your cooperation on the following:
a) Ensure that all relevant information in your organisation’s publicity materials and websites, including course information and nett fees payable for courses commencing on or after 1 January 2022, are promptly updated;
b) Ensure that individuals and enterprises signing up for your courses commencing on or after 1 January 2022 are duly informed of the changes, including any updates to the nett fees payable; and
c) Share the information in the Annexes with your clients (both individuals and enterprises) to keep them informed of the changes, if necessary.
4. For training providers transacting through the Training Partners Gateway, the revised course fee funding and absentee payroll funding will be built in and applied accordingly to course runs that commence on or after 1 January 2022. We will inform you when the system is updated, estimated by mid-October 2021. In the meantime, please do not process any enrolments for course runs that commence on or after 1 January 2022.
5. To provide a transition period for the phase out of the SkillsFuture Qualification Award, eligible Singaporean trainees who wish to apply for the award will have up to 31 December 2022 to complete their WSQ qualifications. SSG takes a serious view on training providers that engage in undesirable marketing behaviours and activities. We would like to remind all training providers to comply with the Marketing Guidelines in Appendix A of SSG’s Terms for Training Providers. Specifically, training providers are not permitted to refer to the impending cessation of SkillsFuture Qualification Award to attract the public to sign up for courses.
6. With the above changes, we will also be aligning the transition plans for last-stop full qualifications issuance, which will cease on 31 December 2022.
7. SSG will continue to provide support for your organisation, as you build capabilities to support industry transformation and equip the workforce with critical and emerging skills. We look forward to your continuous support in building a competitive and highly-skilled Singapore workforce.
8. Should you require further assistance, please contact SSG at 6785 5785 or submit your enquiries via SSG’s feedback portal.
 Cessation date has been extended from 31 May 2022 to 31 December 2022. Please refer to earlier circular dated 9 July 2020 on Alignment of Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Training to Skills Framework and Cessation of Last-Stop Qualifications Issuance on TPGateway.