[SSG CIRCULAR/MIPD/2021/2]: UPDATE ON SKILLSFUTURE SINGAPORE (SSG) ADULT EDUCATOR (AE) QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRICULUM DEVELOPERS OF SSG-FUNDED CERTIFIABLE WSQ COURSES
Dear Training Partners,
- The new Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Diploma in Design and Development of Learning for Performance (DDDLP) programme will replace the existing Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE) from April 2021. This is part of efforts to better equip AEs with the competencies required to enhance learning effectiveness and performance outcomes through referencing the critical skillsets outlined in the Training and Adult Education (TAE) Skills Framework.
- All existing DACE graduates will continue to be recognised as having met the AE Qualifications Requirements for the curriculum design and courseware development of SSG-Funded Certifiable WSQ Courses (see Table 1).
Table 1: AE Qualifications Requirements for Curriculum Developers of SSG-Funded Certifiable WSQ Courses
Type of Training ProviderAE Qualifications RequirementsPublic Training Provider
- 100% of curriculum developers with DACE or DDDLP qualification, or equivalent.In-House Training Provider
- At least one master trainer^ with ACTA or ACLP qualification, or equivalent, to function as an in-house curriculum developer.^ The master trainer and curriculum developer for the in-house WSQ Approved Training Organisation (ATO) can be the same person.
- The new DDDLP programme comprises 7 core modules that may be completed in 13 to 14 months (see Table 2).
Table 2: Title and Duration of DDDLP Modules
|DDDLP Modules||Training and Assessment Duration (Hours)|
|DDDLP Module 1 – Apply Reflective Practice for Professional Mastery||14|
|DDDLP Module 2 – Perform Learning and Performance Needs Analysis||41|
|DDDLP Module 3 – Design Blended Curriculum and Instruction||67|
|DDDLP Module 4 – Develop Learning Resources for Classroom Facilitation||28|
|DDDLP Module 5 – Develop Learning Resources for e‐Learning||34|
|DDDLP Module 6 – Develop Learning Resources for Workplace Learning|
Note: DDDLP Module 6 is a stacked-up module from ACLP as it has the same Technical Skills Competencies (TSC) as ACLP Module 4. Hence, ACLP Module 4 – Facilitating Workplace Learning is an enrolment pre-requisite for DDDLP. DDDLP learners will be required to develop learning resources for workplace learning as part of their Applied Practice Project.
|DDDLP Module 7 – Design Assessment to Promote and Evaluate Learning||36|
|Full DDDLP Programme||220|
- The fees and funding for DDDLP programme is shown below (see Table 3).
Table 3: Fees and Funding
|Full Programme Fee||S$ 9,951 w GST|
S$ 9,300 w/o GST
|Singapore Citizens^ and Permanent Residents||S$ 2,985.30 w GST|
S$2,790 w/o GST
- The Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), which has been restructured into an autonomous institute of the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), will remain the sole training provider for the delivery, assessment and award of WSQ qualifications for AEs, namely the Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE) / Diploma in Design and Development of Learning for Performance (DDDLP), the Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) / Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), and the Workplace Learning Facilitator (WLF) / Workplace Trainer Programme (WTP).
- If you have further queries regarding the programme, please write to askIAL@ial.edu.sg or call IAL Hotline: 6579 0300.
SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)